Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Work it

Yesterday at work I did all kinds of NEW things! I did my first sampling. After the oil spill that happened a couple of weeks ago, you have to take samples of the area after it's all cleaned up to make sure there's no oil still in the soil and surrounding waters. After you collect the samples, they must be taken to a lab for results. Check out our cooler full of samples.
A little bit later, I got to drive the dozer and be the operator for just a little while. As a child, my dad had a dirt construction company and he had this type of equipment. But being a little GIRL, I never had the chance to drive it like my older brother's did. So yesterday was a blast. I only got to drive it for about 10 minutes, but I got the hang of it and didn't want to stop. Something about running over trees and brush is COOL!
You ask?? Of course I had help...in the beginning. Paul was in the cab with me teaching me how to operate all those gadgets. Then he decided to film some of it! Check it out....

No comments: