Wednesday, April 27, 2011

T-O-R-N-A-D-O!

Yesterday we had some pretty bad weather in East Texas! A TORNADO actually touched down and hit my parent's farm (which is across the road from all my siblings houses!) Both my brothers live on a hill in the subdivision. So Dustin and Molly's crew headed down to Danin and Eric's house for cover. Darin and Chrissy stayed in their house. Darin went outside and actually saw the tornado across the road at my parents farm. It scared him to death so he ran back inside to take cover. He thought it was heading their way. The tornado up rooted several trees and tore up the buildings/sheds on the farm! Wow. I bet my parents will rethink about building a house on that hill one day. I'm glad everyone was safe and none of their homes were destroyed.

We got about 2 inches of rain in Longview along with strong winds and hail! We never lost power, thank goodness! Happy for the rain. But I can't stand storms like that. We just stay glued to the TV or radio the whole time. I don't know how many times Taydem asked, "What happened?"

On a good note, Leven's sister came to visit us yesterday. Short trip (she was up this way for work) but good to see her. She brought Taydem all her Christmas presents and Taydem thought it was the best day ever! She was so excited when I got home from work! Thanks Terri for all our gifts! ♥ you



One more good note: My cousin Austin got married last week. His parents threw them a really nice reception Friday night and we all attended! Tons of laughs....I took just a few pictures.





No comments: