Monday, October 11, 2010

Wonderful Birthday

My day turning 30 was perfect!

My wonderful sister and brother-in-law took care of Taydem for us all weekend! Friday night after the volleyball game (we lost in 3 games...worst game of the year!) Danin took Taydem home with her. They had a huge company picnic Saturday morning and thought her staying the night would be the best idea! I wasn't complaining one bit. So Leven and I slept in Saturday morning laying in bed by OURSELVES! Usually on a Saturday morning Tay makes her way to our bedroom around 7:30. Leven went and got breakfast while I packed and got ready to head to Dallas. We left Longview around 11:00 and made our way down I-20. Once we got to Dallas we did some shopping at the Galleria (well, I did some shopping!) My parents gave me some money for my birthday and I was convinced that I was only going to spend THAT money. I can bargain shop! I bought 4 pairs of shoes, 2 shirts and a pair of jeans.....are you ready for this?...ALL FOR UNDER $150! Whoa! I was pumped! After the mall we headed to check into our hotel. We sat in the bar area and watched the Rangers play until it was time to get dressed. Leven found a really nice steak house for us to eat that night (Chamberlain's Steak and Chop House). It was so fab! I can still taste my steak in my mouth. I swear it almost melted when it hit my tongue! Wonderful. I was so proud of him. We NEVER eat at fancy restaurants: 1-We are never without kids and 2-Well...it ain't cheap! I just loved spending all day with him. We laughed the whole time! After dinner we went to dance and played some pool! And then again...Sunday morning we slept in with just us two! Loved every minute of it! Thank you again Leven for a wonderful birthday.


Sunday afternoon we had a family get together at my parents house! My dad's first cousin from Tennessee was down and we all wanted to welcome them. My mom had the house decorated so cute with all her Fall stuff and we had plenty of good tasting food! This is why I love being close to home!

No comments: