Thursday, May 27, 2010

Huh??

Taydem is beginning to say more and more sentences (well they are sentences to us, but mainly three word sentences!). Here are some of her new phrases.

DUM: Means "gum". Everyday I pick her up from school she says, "Momma, dum?"

MEAN and NICE: If she gets in trouble by myself or by Leven she will say, "Daddy mean." She will also say who she thinks is being nice at that moment.

BAF: Which means "bath." She loves being in the bathroom period. She knows this is the room where Momma and Taydem get pretty.

TB: Means "TV" of course. She's not that much into watching TV but if we are watching something that looks like it has monsters on the screen she won't take her eyes off. She's a scardy cat. On Saturday mornings she will come into our room and say "Momma I wanna wash Bawney."

DIS WAY: Now while driving she thinks she knows where we are going and will tell me to go "Dis way."

PAY WIF BABY: She absolutely loves her babies. She loves to comb their hair, swaddle them up in a blanket, rocking them, tell them "NO", putting them in Time Out (this is my favorite), kissing them, hugging them, pushing them in their stroller, giving them a bottle, and saying "I wuv you!" I just love how a little girl knows what to do with a baby. The motherly instinct comes out at such a young age.

Pay: Which also means "PRAY." She loves to say the prayer at dinner. But it's so funny b/c none of us can understand what she's saying. It's all mumble jumble. Everynow and then you will hear, Nana or Papa, or Bubba, I heard Dain once (my sister Danin) and of course Momma and Daddy. Cracks us up!

Her songs she loves to sing: Twinkle Twinkle, Baby Bumble Bee, Jesus Loves Me, Wheels on the Bus, ABC's, This Little Light of Mine, and I love you (Barney song).

We had our first visit with the speech therapist last week. She gave me some ideas that I can work with Taydem on myself. The next visit she will go to Tay's school and visit with her there. Hopefully we will start seeing some improvement.

No comments: