Friday, May 7, 2010

Crafty? Not so much

Yes, I know I have been blessed in so many ways. But one thing the good Lord didn't give me was being CRAFTY. I can't draw, paint, sew, knit, etc. I can do just enough to even decorate my house. BUT thank goodness I have wonderful family members that can. My Meme and my Uncle Ed are both very talented artists. (Uncle Ed if you are reading this I would love a painting soon for my house!) My Aunt Connie can turn a white bare room into something magical overnight! My Nannie was always so good at sewing. I can remember every Easter as a child. My sister and I had our dresses made by her. My Meme can also knit, crochet, make quilts, etc! I think I need her to teach me how one day. That's something I would love to be able to make Taydem or even my grandchildren one day! Maybe I just need to join a quilting class SOON! My mom can pretty much make or do anything. She's one super mom alright. She use to help us with our school projects, make our Halloween costumes, sew (if she had too), etc! AND NOW....my cousin Peyton is starting to show off her secret talents! Check out this dress she just made for Taydem. I love this dress! Thanks again Peyton. She also painted this to put in her baby boy's room.

Peyton you need to go into business! I know TONS of women who would be your best clients!

We are headed to Mexia this weekend for a visit. Taydem hasn't seen Leven's dad since Christmas and Ann and Mike are ready for a much needed visit from us. They came to see us last time so it's our turn now! Hopefully I will get some pictures taken. Until next time...

DB

No comments: